We have reached a crisis point and changing the income tax system is no longer an option, it is an imperative. The current tax code punishes success and achievement, savings, and investment. It is complicated and has been manipulated to reward political interests at the expense of the average American. It's time for a change. It's time for a tax system that is fair, simple, and transparent. It's time for the FairTax.
The FairTax abolishes the current tax system, including repeal of the 16th amendment, and replaces it with a single consumption tax: the more you buy, the more you pay in taxes; the less you buy, the less you pay in taxes.
The FairTax is Fair:
- Everyone keeps their entire paycheck, pension, and Social Security payments
- Everyone pays their fair share - no loopholes or exemptions for anyone
- Exempts everyone from paying taxes on basic necessities through a montly prebate
- Broadens the tax base to include the underground economy and the 40,000,000 foreign tourists who visit the U.S. each year
The FairTax is Simple:
- No more income tax forms to complete
- One single tax replaces income, estate, gift, alternative minimum, capital gains, Social Security, Medicare, and self-employment taxes
The FairTax is Transparent:
- Eliminates all embedded taxes that are hidden in the cost of goods and services
- No more back room deals with special interest groups and lobbyists
The FairTax can restore America's economic greatness. Under the FairTax, jobs will be produced in America, capital will be invested in America, the economy will grow in America. And that means investment, wages, and consumption will be higher than they are under a tax code whose basis is income.
The FairTax can happen if take action. Help restore the American Dream for yourself, your children, and your granchildren. Join our effort by contacting your congressional representatives. Tell them you support the FairTax and that you vote.
You can also visit http://taxreform.gov and send House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich) and Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont) an email supporting the FairTax. Imagine if half of the emails they received were in support of the FairTax. Let's flood them with facts about the FairTax. There is power in numbers. Let's show them numbers!