Planning FairTax Events
For events that will require funds and/or materials from the Events Coordinator at Houston Central, the following steps will ensure that the process runs smoothly and efficiently:
- Please allow two weeks minimum for processing event requests if at all possible. Many steps are involved in coordinating events, and the additional time not only allows the process to run smoothly but also saves money on mailing and shipping costs.
- When you have a request for an event, please provide the following information to the Events Coordinator:
- Name of event – include city/town, state
- Date of event
- Application form (e-mail or fax) or contact name and number for the event
- Cost of event including any travel expenses requested (if applicable)
- Number of people expected to attend the event
- Special requests for materials (if available)
- Name, address, and phone number of the volunteer to whom the materials for the event are to be shipped
- Once this information has been received, the Events Coordinator will request the funds. If approval is received, a check will be mailed in to the event organizer with the application and any other necessary forms.
- A few days prior to the event, the Events Coordinator will send the materials for the event to the designated volunteer.
- Please keep in mind that the volunteers are responsible for setting up, tearing down, and manning the booths at all times.
- If you are just requesting materials, please provide as much notice as possible to ensure that the materials you need are in stock and to save on shipping costs.
To request assistance with your next FairTax event, please contact us at email@example.com and put “Attention: Events Coordinator” in the subject line of the e-mail. Examples of recent events have included the Oklahoma State Fair, the Nebraska State Fair, Johnson County Old Settler’s Day Festival in Kansas, Politics in the Park in Florida, the Libertarian State Convention in Illinois, and the Rivertown Craft Festival in Florida.
Thank you for all you do for the FairTax, and we hope that your events are successful!