The Coronavirus Filing Delay
Gives Us A Glimpse
Of The Future
Gives Us A Glimpse
Of The Future
This is from the IRS Website: The 2019 Income-Tax filing and payment deadlines for all taxpayers who file and pay their Federal Income-Taxes on April 15, 2020, are automatically extended until July 15, 2020. This relief applies to all individual returns, trusts, and corporations. This relief is automatic, taxpayers don’t need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify.
This relief also includes estimated tax payments for tax year 2020 due on April 15, 2020. Penalties and interest will begin to accrue on any remaining unpaid balances as of July 16, 2020. You will automatically avoid interest and penalties on the taxes paid by July 15.
Individual taxpayers who need additional time to file beyond the July 15 deadline can request a filing extension by filing Form 4868 through their tax professional, tax software or using the Free File link on IRS.gov. Businesses who need additional time must file Form 7004.
History Of The U.S. Income-Tax
Almost no living American remembers life before The 16th Amendment and the Federal-Income-Tax. The 16th Amendment was ratified in February of 1913, over 107 years ago, and the first Income-Tax law was passed later in the same year.
This was not the 1st Federal-Income-Tax though. President Lincoln included a 3% tax on incomes over $800 in “The 1861 Revenue Act”. This was an “emergency” measure brought on by The Civil War, and was allowed to expire in 1872.
According to an excellent article published on the History Channel website by Patrick Kiger:
- Demands for an Income-Tax by populist Democrats came up again during the Panic of 1893 which caused a quarter of the labor force to lose their jobs
- Argument was the tariffs and excise taxes used to finance the federal-government at the time were putting an undue burden on struggling workers and farmers
- In 1894 legislation was passed creating a 2% tax on incomes over $4,000
- In “Pollock v. Farmers Loan & Trust Company”, the Supreme Court declared the tax was unconstitutional in a 5-4 vote
- President Taft and some other Republicans apparently felt it would help them get tariff and corporate tax reform if they supported an Income-Tax constitutional amendment they thought would never be ratified by the states
- In 1909, Congress passed the 16th Amendment and sent it to the states for ratification
- To the surprise and dismay of many who thought ratification was impossible, the 16th Amendment was ratified in 1913, and a Federal-Income-Tax law was enacted later in the same year
Until Milton Friedman’s “emergency war measure” was passed in 1943, Americans calculated, filed tax returns and paid any federal tax owed on March 1st of the following year. Then the filing and payment date was moved to March 15th and in 1955 to April 15th.
Now, because of the virus, the filing and payment deadline is July 15th this year. However, because of withholding, this extension makes little financial difference to most Americans. They have already paid most of the Federal-Income-Taxes they owe through withholding.
The First 1040
The nation’s 1st 1040 form is shown below. It gives you an idea of what life was like before the Federal-Income-Tax changed from being an income-generating resource to being a control mechanism and a way to reward the Ruling Class’s friends at everyone else’s expense and pain.
Almost everyone is in favor of these FAIRtax benefits:
- More higher paying U.S. jobs
- More U.S. based manufacturing
- Much less tax evasion than the $900 billion projected for this year
- Social Security & Medicare becoming solvent
- Every American being able to see the cost of the federal-government on every receipt
- Ability to calculate on a napkin what government programs cost each of us
- No Federal-Income-Tax returns to file
- No withholding. Bring home 100% of what you earn
Future generations will look at the present Income/Payroll-TAX-System and wonder how anyone could have thought a MONSTROSITY like that would work for the people. Of course, Thomas Edison said, “This problem, once solved, will be simple”.
More and more of us are beginning to see The FAIRtax as the simple solution to the problem. We just need to use our great numbers to overthrow the current Income/Payroll-TAX-System which has condemned so many to a lesser quality of life, i.e. destroying human potential.
No one would argue drinking contaminated water is bad for your body. In like manner, it’s equally bad to allow the Destructive and Corrupt Income/Payroll-TAX-System to contaminate our finances, especially when there’s a much Better-Fairer-Simpler-Transparent way to fund our federal-government. Remember, its OUR federal-government and We-The-People hold all the power.
If you are ready to take back our control of government from a small group of corrupt people and regain the ability for all to prosper, then go to our Homepage by clicking here and sign up to Get-Updates
Demand Congress to pass The FAIRtax—the only “Fair tax”!
The author George Bernard Shaw said these words in a play he wrote, You see things; and you say “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say “Why not?”
Isn’t it time for us to ask, “Why not?”
President Trump, “Embrace the FAIRtax, the only Fair Tax the only fair tax and the only real tax reform! Stand up to the Swamp. They will oppose you anyway because they see you as a threat. What have you got to lose?”
The truth is the truth. Remember, if we don't continue to tell the truth and demand a change, then this quote from George Orwell's 1984 may foretell our children's future:
“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.”
Take Back America Again! Pass The FAIRtax Now!
FAIRtax Online Resources
Americans For Fair Taxation - Home Page
Americans For Fair Taxation - Facebook Page
Americans For Fair Taxation - YouTube Channel (The Chairman's Report is now posted here)
Americans For Fair Taxation - Twitter Page
Americans For Fair Taxation - Chairman's Report Podcast on Spreaker posted Fridays at 6am-ET
Americans For Fair Taxation - Chairman's Report Podcast on Apple
Americans For Fair Taxation - Chairman's Report Podcast on iHeart Radio
Official FAIRtax Logo Store
The FAIRtax Guys - Home Page
The FAIRtax Guys - Facebook Page
The FAIRtax Guys - YouTube Channel
PopVox - The People’s Voice On All Things Legislative
Read Evasion Study Summary
The FAIRtax Guys
Ron Maiellaro & Bob Paxton perform their FAIRtax Power Digital-TV Show & Podcast. When the show streams to Facebook, The FAIRtax Guys plus a few AFFT experts are responding “live” to your comments and questions. A free app is available for iOS and Android.
Digital TV: Tue-8PM-ET Americans For Fair Taxation - Facebook Page
Podcasts: Tue-9PM-ET Posted on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts & iHeart Radio.
Digital TV are available on The FAIRtax Guys
This week's Episode #207 - "FAIRtax Fans Rule!"
In this episode of FAIRtax Power Radio, The FAIRtax Guys recognize the contributions and encouragement of many of our viewers and listeners and respond to a number of questions and suggestions. Our audience is essential to our weekly program.
Listen in to hear the words of encouragement from “Mr. Invisible” as well as some great observations on how The FAIRtax would help us better handle the current crisis. Our viewers and listeners are truly onboard with the FAIRtax and offer great suggestions.
Also, The FAIRtax Guys suggest a number of ways FAIRtax Supporters can help us cross the finish line. The current crisis offers an unprecedented opportunity to convince our elected officials America truly needs REAL tax reform; the kind only offered by The FAIRtax.
Join us for another information packed episode of FAIRtax Power Radio and you’ll be on your way to becoming a FAIRtax expert.
As always, the AFFT is looking for Volunteers to help their efforts. Watch or listen to see if there is some small way you can help.
There’s always more in FAIRtax Power Radio such as a reminder of the promotional items available now at Click here to visit our Store and a review of Jim Bennett’s "Grassroots Corner Report".
What Can Each Of Us Do?
Call the local and DC offices of your Representative and 2 Senators. Use the following script:
- I am sure Representative ____ or Senator ____ is in favor of everyone obeying the income tax laws
- After they assure you their boss is not in favor of anyone breaking the law, ask if they are aware of the Cebula study showing $9 trillion of evaded income-payroll taxes over the next 10 years
- Since most will say they don’t believe their boss has seen the study, drop off a copy, email a copy or click Read Evasion Study Summary and copy/paste the link into an email
- Say you are going to call back in a week and ask what the Representative or Senator is going to do to stop this evasion
- In a week, call back and ask specifically what the Representative or Senator is going to do to enforce the law
- They probably will say their boss believes simplifying the income tax will handle the problem
- Explain, when people evade income taxes, they are also evading the 15.3% payroll/Medicare tax and state income tax. So, it’s unlikely they are going to pay 30-40% when they were paying 0% because they have already decided it’s okay to cheat
- Say, the only way to reduce evasion is to increase by tens or hundreds of thousands the number of comprehensive IRS audits done each year
- Point out Evaders do not self-identify by putting an “E” on their income tax return
- 80% of the people likely to be audited are trying to comply, but they will be forced to endure these IRS audits as well
- Ask if the Member is in favor of this?
- If they say no, then ask again how the Member proposes to stop people breaking the income tax laws
- Then explain the way to handle evasion without unleashing the IRS audits is The FAIRtax
- If you meet with your Representative or attend a town hall and ask these questions, you will be even more effective
American's Big Solution - The FAIRtax Primer America Needs
Hard to believe but there still are people who have not heard of The FAIRtax. For those people, America’s Big Solution provides a starting point in their study of The FAIRtax and is meant for any age.
America’s Big Solution is an introduction to The FAIRtax written by Terry Tibbetts, author of “A Spartan Game: The Life and Loss of Don Holleder”, with help from Ron Maiellaro, President The Florida FAIRtax Educational Association. You can buy an electronic version for only $2.99 for the Amazon Kindle, the Barnes & Noble Nook and Apple iOS. You can purchase a print copy at the same Amazon link above for $9.25.
Thank You for Opening The FAIRtax Chronicles, Our Sponsored Mailings
We plan to do several of these mailings each month. If you take a minute to open the sponsored emails and click through to the website, you are making an in kind contribution to AFFT. It is not required to actually make a purchase, but your minute of time will ensure AFFT is paid ever larger amounts from people paying for us to send their offers to our Supporters.
Again, we are making every effort to ensure we work with only reputable companies. If you feel any FAIRtax-sponsored email is objectionable, please email us and tell us why. You can also opt to not receive these sponsored email messages but still receive FAIRtax emails.
Thank you for staying FAIRtax strong!
Yours In Liberty! Yours In Freedom!
Chairman, Americans For Fair Taxation